Monday 16 July 2007

raw food journey...2

Hey there,

I hope that you are doing well and are being inspired by my 'raw food journey.' The saying 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' springs to mind. The way I look at it, the past 3 weeks is giving me so much more insight into how I eat and why I eat. I touched on it on the last post when I talked about loosing weight - which was really old emotional baggage.

I saw me falling off the raw food wagon last weekend. There are 2 interesting points to this, firstly I was eating to please and fit in - to numb my own desires and wishes. That made me eat more, it was almost like after one dinner, someone would say more and I would say 'oh yes please!" Well, that is what I thought, I was really trying to numb myself to prevent a transformation- we all do this to a certain agree. Fight against that which we have desired - the universe often has to really fight us to give us what we have been asking, praying and sometimes even begging for! (I'll save that for another blog post!)

The second point was, I was not angry or annoyed with myself afterwards. The next day, in the past my pattern would have been to be really annoyed and helpless - so the 'unhealthy' eating would continue (by unhealthy I mean, white bread, chocolate, chips (fries), cheesy and fatty comfort foods!) Instead, the next day I reflected and just jumped back on the wagon without the recriminations.

I find point 2 most interesting as the past few weeks have given me much insight into how and why I have developed and sustained eating habits till now. However, to find that peace has meant that I don't go backwards. I don't have to start again, I continue upwards and forward. I continue on this journey which is really about self- love. It is about honouring what MY body needs in order for me to function and continue in the service that is unfolding.

I cannot say where my raw food journey will take me, I know what I would like to aim for, but keeping in with mystery I will remain attuned to my body. Listening to its needs, checking in to understand whether it is for emotional appeasement I choose a food or nourishment. If I eat with that level of awareness then I can only be doing my body good, as it is nourishment that will sustain me.

If you are erring wanting to find out more then just click through on the right, you never know you may sign up for the next 30day programme and find that you are writing your own blog about it!

Till the next time, I wish you much love and joy,

SarupaXXX

No comments: