Sunday 14 March 2010

Your life Your Flow - Article

I would like to start this with a little story. Four years ago before I went to Hawaii, I was following a pattern. I had done various metaphysical training and was continuing to run workshops and see clients. I loved it and still do. My workshops would sometimes be full, half full or empty. It was frustrating because I was doing what I thought I was being guided to do. But, like I said I was following a pattern and sadly it wasn't my own pattern.

In 2006 I visited Hawaii to swim with dolphins – profound as that was in itself – I also went through a great personal transformation. What I found was that I was bored with what I was pursuing, it wasn't really connecting me to the truth of who I was. I was following a pattern set by others. I was fitting into an expectation that I thought existed. In the following 2 years I changed everything. How I work to how I eat to who I spend time with, what I watch on television, you name it I reviewed and changed it where necessary. I become more aware of my own personal needs and my own personal desire. Not something that I read in a book, or saw someone else do. I decided after Hawaii to live as I know to be true for me. It wasn't always easy as it meant and still does stepping out of the safety of what is seen as the norm. Even in spiritual circles there is a 'norm,' it is part of the human condition to want to follow it makes us feel safe but sadly it stops us actually living with authenticity and doing what we are really here to do which is live in bliss, with passion, joy and love. Living like this and the truth is, it comes natural sometimes and sometimes I have to be very conscious about what I am choosing to do, has made me more available to do what I love. The great twist is that I am doing what I love and I am doing it my way – I am living my truth and doing the work of my soul! I am following my own path not trying to keep up following someone else! Of course I am inspired by others but I cannot copy what they do as they are not me!

It is a hard thing to do – as I often think ‘hmmm if I do this, it will bring me more money...or...it is the safe option….’ Deep down I know it will not bring me joy and it will not bring me closer to my dream and vision for my life. Ask yourself how many times have you made a decision because it seemed like the right thing to do even though your gut instinct, your inner wise being was urging you to follow a different path of action?It is such a brave step when you decide to live and act in alignment to who you are truly are. Living in alignment sometimes can mean that you appear to fall flat on your backside, but when you know you are in 'own flow' you realise that you haven't actually fallen you have made a great stride forward, because each action is bringing you closer to your 'True Self,' and each action is allowing you to reveal this out to the world in a much stronger way.

In 2007, for those of you who have been subscribing for a while may remember the '30-day to raw programme I had joined.' This was an in-depth programme where I went from 'non-raw' eater to 'raw food eater' in 30 days. It wasn't just about the food as you can imagine. For the first time I learned so much about my eating patterns and discovered that I was eating to a clock rather than to my bodies needs. Sounds silly but I ate because it was time to eat rather than because I was hungry. Just making that small adjustment meant I ate less and I ate when I was hungry and my body was ready to accept, digest, nourish and I started the food I was taking in. I cannot tell you how liberating it was to eat when hungry! This may seem obvious to you, or insignificant even but the lesson here is why follow a pattern that isn't your own? Why follow a pattern that doesn't serve you? In doing so all it creates in your life are blocks, challenges that prevent you from fully expressing your and living your Divine Mission. It keeps you feeling, half empty rather than half full.

As I started to embrace my own flow, my own truth in such a 'big' way, I found myself slipping in to guilt. Well and spiritual and life transformation is going to require that you shed patterns and behaviours that do not serve you and guilt is just one of those energies that needs to be released. I start thinking about things I should be doing that I am not, the things others around me were expecting. These 'others' were family, friends, and colleagues. In retrospect it was as much about them needing to get into their own flow as it was that they were present in my life and many still are to remind me to keep my eye on my flow, not the flow of others. But nonetheless the guilt, the procrastination cropped up (and it still can, I am human and on a journey of growth like you), and what I discovered what the main cause of this is 'self-judgment.' When you start to judge yourself, you are no longer acting in truth, you have slipped in to misalignment and confusion. You move away from the your 'own truth.'


Since working more in alignment to my 'own personal flow,' 2 hours of work can produce the same has a 10 hour day. It is almost like time bends and magic happens. This occurs when you are in total alignment and listening to your body, your soul, your spirit, your emotions and your mind. All these things are guiding you at all times, advising you, giving you answers, different options etc. and most of the time we are to oblivious to notice! When you live by your own truth taking what appear to be risks, with money, choices etc remember that it only appears risky to others. If you feel like you are taking risks I would say you are plugging into the energy others are projecting towards you, their own fears mirroring your fear. When you are in flow, you wouldn't do anything that wasn't 100% perfect for you. Think about it when you are 'in flow' you can only choose what is right, when you are not in flow you can make decisions based on emotion, judgment, fear and all sorts of things that make you believe life is risky, difficult and generally not easy....this is not the truth. The truth is life is easy, it has a wonderful flow, imagine it like floating downstream on a gentle river, no force needs to be applied, you simply have to show up and be there and when you see a slight twist or turn you position yourself to float through that too.


The magic that occurs when you are in your own flow is amazing. By being in your flow you are not sacrificing anything, being selfish, self-indulgent, irresponsible or any of those other things that you can believe. You are the master of your life and destiny and until you start to understand ‘you better’ you will not connect to your awesome power or gifts easily.

When I first embarked on this was of living, I felt new, it was like a rebirth and such a relief. I could do it my way, I could get to the truth and into the depth of what is right for me. While it continues to be a journey of self discovery, enlightenment and even ascension a process of refining and greater alignment with the 'truth,' I really wouldn't have it any other way.

I know you can experience this too, in fact I am going to be as bold as saying that I know you ache to feel this flow, to first connect to it, uncover it and then live in it. …. As my gift to you this month I have a special cosmic challenge (see below this article) for you so that you can start to get to know yourself better.

Think of this process as a way of getting to know you better, a way that enables you to transform your life and live in bliss.

Just as the final word – this article has been adapted from one I wrote in 2008, and given that the energy of now is for you to get on with what you know is your truth...finding your own flow will pay you great dividend in life.

If you wish to use this article in your eZine or website, you can as long as no changes are made to the text and the following information is added: Sarupa Shah, your blissful life transformation partner, Director of Heavenly Spaces Ltd and editor of Divine Intervention. Divine Intervention is packed with quality tips, tools, resources, up-to-the-minute news and updates as well as an inspired article to fast-track you in your divine, cosmic and spiritual transformation. Visit www.heavenlyspaces.co.uk for more information.

No comments: